Regional Youth Orchestra NSW (RYO) Auditions OPEN
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Closing date to apply with your audition video: Monday 14 March 2022
- You are receiving this email because you have previously applied for, participated in or expressed interest in RYO NSW, or because your conservatorium or teacher has forwarded it to you.
- If you do NOT wish to receive any further emails about RYO NSW, or are no longer a student at a NSW Regional Conservatorium, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be removed from the email list. BUT before you do: check the upper age limit – it’s 20 years. So you can still audition for RYO if you are still a Regional Con student and on a gap year, working, or in tertiary studies
- If you are no longer a student at a NSW Regional Conservatorium, but wish to be considered for any RYO ALUMNI opportunities, do NOT submit an audition but please reply to this email, telling us what you are doing this year and where.
Please read the info below and the 2 documents attached carefully before applying.
Regional Youth Orchestra NSW (RYO) is an audition-based youth orchestra for talented students from NSW Regional Conservatoriums, providing opportunities to play with other regional youth musicians and learn from leading conductors, orchestras and artists from Australia and the world in a range of projects each year.
Watch this short video about one of our projects and the amazing experience our RYO students had!
All eligible students who wish to be considered for selection for any RYO projects held in 2022 must complete and submit an online application with audition video now.
This includes students who were selected for previous RYO projects.
Students eligible to apply must be:
- aged from 11 years to 20 years on 1 January 2022
- enrolled as an orchestral instrument student at a NSW Regional Conservatorium – this will be validated with your conservatorium
- at these minimum AMEB Grade skill levels or higher: AMEB 7th Grade for wind and brass; AMEB 6th Grade for strings and percussion
Parent/guardian permission is required for students under 18 years submitting an application. Parents may be contacted to validate this application.
The closing date to submit the online application with the audition video is 14 March 2022.
Completing and submitting an online application with your audition video is part of an audition process and does not guarantee selection for a place in RYO.
After the audition videos have been assessed, selected students will be offered a place in RYO projects on the basis of their ranking and according to the requirements of each project: the number of students and instruments needed, and the type of workshop, activity or performance involved in each project.
If you are eligible and wish to apply:
- FIRST read APPLYING FOR RYO and PREPARING YOUR AUDITION VIDEO, then consult with your instrumental teacher
- Download the orchestral excerpt for your instrument here
- Work on your excerpts and own choice piece with your teacher before making your recording
- Go to this link to complete your application form and upload the youtube link for your audition video.
Applications close 14 March 2022
So apply now for the experience of a lifetime!