I’ve recently discovered that I like cottage cheese. As a child, the look of it was enough to turn me off – but a friend of mine recently introduced me to toast with Vegimite and cottage cheese and I decided that it wasn’t all that bad… So, I went looking at what else I could do with cottage cheese and came up with pancakes. This recipe is quick, easy and full of goodness – who doesn’t love pancakes?!
Oats, Cottage Cheese and Banana Pancakes
- 150 g rolled oats
- 500 g reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 6 extra large eggs whites only
- 1 banana cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Light vegetable or olive oil for frying
- Put all of the ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and blend with the measuring cup (MC) on for 20 seconds | Speed 8
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and cover the surface with oil
- In batches, pour the pancake mixture into the pan int 10-12cm rounds; leaving 3-5cm in between the pancakes
- Cook for 2–3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes
- Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 until all of the batter has been used; oil the pan between batches
- If the batter is too thick, add some milk or water to make it thinner. If the batter is too runny, add some more oats and blend for 2-3 seconds | Speed 8.
- You may need to turn the heat down on the pan as you cook the pancakes to stop them from burning before the insides are cooked.
- To make it easier to spoon the mixture into the pan (the blades get in the way towards the end), pour the pancake mixture into a mixing bowl.
- These pancakes are intentionally not sweetened because this is provided by your toppings.
You may also like…
The options are limited! Some of my favourites are:
- Honey and lemon juice
- Berries – either fresh or heated – and drizzled with honey
[Last updated: July 19, 2015]