This week, I thought I’d redo the Japanese curry recipe to make the sauce smoother than the original version. I’ve also posted the beef stew recipe from last week and I’ve picked a lasagna for the new recipe this week.
Wholemeal English Muffin w Cashew Nut Butter
Japanese Chicken Curry w Steamed Rice
Steak w Sautéed Onions, Mushrooms & Broccoli
Lasagna w Peas
Lasagna w Peas
Prawn Stir-Fry w Asparagus & Snow Peas
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
For breakfast, I’m going with the cashew nut butter on an English muffin. The recipe can be found here.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday’s lunch is a redo of the Japanese chicken curry recipe. Click here for the updated recipe.
Monday’s dinner is a staple but a goodie – pan-fried steak on a grill pan served with sautéed onions and fried vegetables.
Tuesday’s dinner and Thursday’s lunch is a new recipe. I’m going to make my first Thermomix lasagna – using the Thermomix to make the sauce. The draft recipe is below.
Thursday’s dinner will be a prawn stir-fry with asparagus and snow peas. I’ll use 400g of raw prawns and half the marinade ingredients in the simple stir-fry recipe as I’m only making this for one meal.
1 large red onion
2 cloves garlic
2 small carrots, cut into 2 cm pieces
2 small zucchini, cut into 2cm pieces
6 small mushrooms, halved
10g + 10g olive oil
200g pork mince
200g veal or beef mince
Salt and pepper, to season
2 x 400g cans crushed tomato
4 tbsp tomato paste
20g Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried basil
2 tbsp Thermomix vegetable stock concentrate
4-5 sheets fresh lasagna
250g mozzarella cheese, grated
250g reduced fat tasty or cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Add carrots, zucchini and mushrooms into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 seconds/Speed 6; remove to a bowl
3. Add onion and garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 seconds/Speed 5
4. Scrape down the sides, add 10g of oil and sauté with the measuring cup (MC) off for 1 minute/Varoma/Speed 2
5. Add remaining 10g oil, pork, veal, salt and pepper into the Thermomix bowl, use the spatula to quickly mix the ingredients together and then cook with the measuring cup (MC) off for 8 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed soft
6. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, dried herbs, stock and vegetables, use the spatula to quickly mix the ingredients together and cook with MC half off for 15 minutes/100C/Reverse/Speed soft
7. Stir with the spatula, taste and add additional seasoning if necessary then cook with MC half off for 10 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed soft
8. Cover the base of a 25.5cm x 25.5cm (or 9 inch x 9 inch) roasting dish with about 1cm layer of sauce
9. Put a layer of lasagna sheets on top of the sauce
10. Mix the cheeses together and sprinkle half of the cheese over the lasagna sheets
11. Top with all but about 1.5 cups of sauce and another layer of lasagna sheets
12. Put with the rest of the sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese
13. Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown
Tips and Hints
1. The lasagna sheets will expand as they cook so leave about a 0.5cm-1cm gap between the sheets and also at the edge of the dish
2. Take leftover sheets and cut into 1cm strips to make into fettuccini