After some time off, I decided to ease my way back into things this week. The new recipe this week is a tomato, bacon and lentil soup and I’m going to try a sweet potato bake during the week.
|Monday||Cheese & Tomato on a Wholemeal English Muffin||Tomato, Bacon & Lentil Soup||Chicken Stir-Fry (w Asian Greens, Snow Peas & Baby Corn)|
|Wednesday||Pork, Spinach & Mushroom Meatballs (w Tomato Sauce & Zucchini Ribbons)||—–|
|Thursday||Steak(w Sweet Potato Bake, Broccoli & Sautéed Onions)|
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
For breakfast this week, I’m going with sliced cheese and tomato on a toasted wholemeal English muffin.
Lunch on Monday and Tuesday will be the new recipe – a tomato, bacon and lentil soup. The recipe can be found here.
Monday and Tuesday’s dinner will be a chicken stir-fry with Asian greens, snow peas and baby corn. The simple stir-fry recipe can be found here.
Wednesday and Thursday’s lunch is the pork, spinach and mushroom meatballs with a tomato sauce and zucchini ribbons. The recipe is here.
For Friday’s dinner, I’m going with a pan-fried rump steak served with a sweet potato bake, sautéed onions and broccoli fried in the steak pan while the meat rests. The draft recipe for the potato bake can be found below.
Sweet Potato Bake
Light olive oil for greasing
250g reduced fat tasty or cheddar cheese, cut into 1.5cm pieces
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic, peeled
40g Thermomix vegetable stock concentrate
600g sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 2mm thick pieces
1. Preheat oven to 200C and grease a shallow square roasting dish with olive oil
2. Put half of the cheese into the Thermomix bowl and grate with the measuring cup (MC) on for 8 seconds/Speed 8; remove to a mixing bowl
3. Repeat with the remaining cheese
4. Put onion into the Thermomix bowl and chop with the MC on for 3 seconds/Speed 5; add to the bowl with the cheese and stir to combine
5. Put garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop with the MC on for 3 seconds/Speed 5
6. Add stock and 300g of water to the Thermomix and close the lid
7. Put the sweet potato into the Varoma bowl and tray; making sure not to block the holes
8. Assemble the Varoma on top of the Thermomix and cook for 15 minutes/Varoma/Speed 2
9. Carefully remove the potato for the Varoma, layer half of the potatoes in the roasting dish and top with half of the cheese and onion mixture; repeat with the remaining potato and cheese
10. Slowly pour the stock mixture in the Thermomix over the potatoes and cheese
11. Bake uncovered in the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and the cheese is golden brown