This week, I’ve got a few new recipes – one breakfast and two mains. The recipes for the ham, egg and spinach cups and the lentil and vegetable curry have been posted. The last recipe will be tested during the week and should be posted next week. Last week’s cabbage roll recipe needs some tweaking so it hasn’t made it to the blog this week.
Ham, Egg & Spinach Cups
Lentil & Vegetable Curry
Steak w Snow Peas, Broccoli & Sautéed Onions
Sausages w Cauliflower & White Bean Purée & Pan-Fried Mushrooms
Chicken & Vegetables w Miso Pesto
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
This week’s breakfast is a new recipe – with ham, eggs and spinach baked in the oven. The recipe can be found here.
Lunch for Monday and Tuesday is a redo of the lentil and vegetable curry that I tried a few months back. I’ve tweaked the original recipe and the result can be found here.
Monday’s dinner is pan-fried steak with peas and broccoli cooked in the same pan while the meat rests and also onions sautéed in a separate pan.
We’ve got a houseguest on Tuesday night, so I’m going to do the sausages with cauliflower and white bean purée. I’m going to substitute the peas with pan-fried mushrooms. The recipe is here.
Wednesday and Thursday’s lunch will be another new recipe – chicken and vegetables with miso pesto. The draft recipe is below.
We are out on Wednesday and Thursday nights, so no cooking.
Chicken and Vegetables with Miso Pesto
600g chicken breast, cut into 2.5cm thick strips
Salt and pepper, to season
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups frozen peas
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm slices
2 cloves garlic, peeled
90g unsalted, raw cashews
1 bunch coriander, leaves only
2 tbsp white miso paste
100g light olive oil
1. Make the pesto by putting all of the ingredients in the Thermomix bowl and pulse on Turbo for 3-4 seconds; remove to a small bowl
2. Cut a piece of wax paper to fit the Varoma tray, scrunch it up and lay it on the tray
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a single layer onto the Varoma tray
4. Put the peas and carrots in the Varoma bowl and assemble the Varoma
5. Put 500g of water into the Thermomix bowl, close the lid and put the Varoma on top
6. Steam the chicken, peas and carrots for 10 minutes/Varoma/Speed 2
7. Add the broccoli to the Varoma bowl and steam for a further 5-10 minutes/Varoma/Speed 2 (or until chicken is cooked through)