We spent a week entertaining visitors and we got to try some new places that I’m looking forward to drawing inspiration from in the future. This week though, I’ve gone with a chicken dish – drumsticks with a mushroom sauce and steamed vegetables. The mid-week experiment is going to be pizza with the dough made in the Thermomix.
|Monday||White Bean Spread w Wholemeal English Muffin||Chicken Drumsticks w Mushroom Sauce & Vegetables||Steak w Sautéed Onions, Brussel Sprouts & Asparagus|
|Tuesday||Pizza w Leg Ham, Mushrooms & Spinach|
|Wednesday||Pizza w Leg Ham, Mushrooms & Spinach||Pork Chops & Vegetables w Apple Sauce|
|Thursday||Pork Chops & Vegetables w Apple Sauce||Crispy Skin Salmon w Broccoli & Snow Peas|
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
For breakfast this week, I’m going with the white bean spread on an English muffin. The recipe can be found here.
Lunch on Monday and Tuesday is a new recipe – chicken drumsticks with a mushroom sauce and steamed carrots and green beans. The recipe has been posted here.
Monday’s dinner is good ole pan fried steak with sautéed onions and Brussel sprouts and asparagus fried in the grill pan while the steak rests.
Tuesday’s dinner and Wednesday’s lunch will be pizza using a wholewheat crust. I’m putting leg ham off the bone, sliced mushrooms and reduced fat tasty cheese on it. The spinach is sprinkled on top before serving. The pizza sauce is a quick and easy version courtesy of Pete Evans where you simply blitz a can of diced tomatoes to which I’ll also include a clove of garlic and some dried parsley. The draft pizza dough recipe can be below.
Wednesday and Thursday’s lunch will be pork chops with steamed carrots, peas and broccoli. The apple sauce is made in the Thermomix bowl while the meat and veg cook in the Varoma. The recipe is here.
Thursday’s dinner will be a crispy skin salmon. I’ll serve it with steamed snow peas and broccoli. The salmon is cooked in the Varoma and finished off in a frying pan based on this recipe.
Wholewheat Pizza Dough
200g whole wheat grain
280g reduced fat milk
1 sachet dry yeast
20 olive oil
2 tsp salt
300g bakers flour
1. Put wheat into the Thermomix and mill with the measuring cup (MC) on for 2 minutes/Speed 9; remove to a bowl
2. Put milk into the Thermomix bowl and heat for 2 minutes/37C/Speed 2
3. Add yeast, oil and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix with the MC on for 5 seconds/Speed 3
4. Add milled wheat and flour and mix with the MC on for 6 seconds/Speed 8
5. Knead the dough for 2 minutes/Interval
6. Remove the dough to a baking mat, wrap in the mat and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes
7. Split dough into 4 balls, wrap in the mat and leave in a warm place for another 15 minutes
8. Roll out each ball as thinly as possible, poke the surface all over with a fork and add toppings
9. To cook, preheat the oven to its highest settings and then heat your pizza tray or stone for about 10 minutes. Put the pizza on the tray or stone and cook in the middle rack for 10 to 15 minutes (or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown)