When looking for inspiration, browsing the Food and Drink board on Pinterest is one of my favourite things to do.
I came up with this recipe after seeing bacon-wrapped frittatas – which gave me the idea for this recipe. I’ve used ham instead of bacon and I’ve added some spinach to squeeze in some vegetables.
Ham, Egg and Spinach Cups
- 5 slices ham off the bone (~230g) fat trimmed
- 4 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- Salt and pepper to season
- 4 cups baby spinach (~90g) washed, dried and roughly chopped
- Oil to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and grease a 12-hole muffin pan
- Cut each slice of ham into 5 even pieces (~2.5-3cm wide)
- Lay one piece into each hole of the muffin pan and lay another piece perpendicular to the first one; push into the base of the each hole
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper
- Add spinach to the eggs and stir together
- Spoon egg and spinach mixture evenly into each hole in the muffin pan
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the egg is set
You may also like…
1. This recipe is great for breakfast on the go. Eat cold or warm in the microwave.
[Last updated: January 12, 2014]