For anyone that’s been following my blog, you’ll see a lot of chicken recipes. I like using chicken breasts as it’s a lean protein and it’s also easy to prepare and cook – especially with the Varoma.
To get the flavour, this recipe uses a miso pesto made of miso paste, coriander and cashews. This pesto is a revelation and I’d love to use it on some fish in the future.
Chicken and Vegetables with Miso Pesto
- 600 g chicken breast cut into 2.5cm thick strips
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 carrots cut into 1 cm slices
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 90 g unsalted raw cashews
- 1 bunch coriander leaves only
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 70 g light olive oil
- Make the pesto by putting all of the ingredients in the Thermomix bowl and pulse on Turbo for 2 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse on Turbo for another second; remove to a small bowl
- Cut a piece of wax paper to fit the Varoma tray, scrunch it up and lay it on the tray
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, put chicken pieces onto the Varoma tray
- Put the peas and carrots in the Varoma bowl and assemble the Varoma
- Put 500g of water into the Thermomix bowl, close the lid and put the Varoma on top
- Steam the chicken, peas and carrots for 15 minutes | Varoma | Speed 2
- Add the broccoli to the Varoma bowl and steam for a further 5 minutes | Varoma | Speed 2 (or until the chicken is cooked through)
You may also like…
1. If you’re making this ahead of time, change the cooking time in Step 6 to 20 minutes and put the peas and broccoli in lunch container. The vegetables will cook when you reheat the dish in the microwave.
[Last updated: July 20, 2014]