Central Coast Conservatorium of Music is a child safe organisation and ensures that the best interests of children and young people are put first.
We are an organisation that is committed to creating child safe cultures – which involves going beyond policy and procedures to adopt broader strategies that promote and protect the safety and wellbeing of children.
Ways in which we foster a ChildSafe environment include:
- Creating an environment where children’s safety and wellbeing is at the centre of thoughts, values and actions.
- Placing emphasis on genuine engagement with and valuing of children and young people
- Creating conditions that reduce the likelihood of harm to children and young people.
- Creating conditions that increase the likelihood of identifying any harm.
- Responding to any concerns, disclosures, allegations or suspicions of harm.
Additionally, we have adopted and implemented the National ChildSafe principles released by the Australian Human Rights Commission in 2019 as follows:
- Child safety and wellbeing is embedded in organisational leadership, governance and culture.
- Children and young people are informed about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously.
- Families and communities are informed and involved in promoting child safety and wellbeing.
- Equity is upheld and diverse needs respected in policy and practice.
- People working with children and young people are suitable and supported to reflect child safety and wellbeing values in practice.
- Processes to respond to complaints and concerns are child focused.
- Staff and volunteers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children and young people safe through ongoing education and training.
- Physical and online environments promote safety and wellbeing while minimising the opportunity for children and young people to be harmed.
- Implementation of the national child safe principles is regularly reviewed and improved.
- Policies and procedures document how the organisation is safe for children and young people.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the Conservatorium’s commitment to being a ChildSafe organisation, please contact us on (02) 4324 7477.